Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Best Laid Plans...

Well, I had every intention to start a new running program last night, but Mother Nature nixed that idea with some STRONG thunderstorms. A sign? Not really...it is supposed to be a perfect night for a jog tonight, so I am going to hold myself to that plan!

My biggest challenge I think will be during the day, being stuck at a desk all day, sometimes you give in to the temptations of the vending machine or the person bringing donuts. Yesterday was a good day...1 Apple, 1 Banana, 1 cheese stick and raisin bran cereal and some trail mix. The evening was OK...sensible dinner, but high in carbs (ravioli), but we did top it off with some ice cream...kids!! But, once I start running, I always notice myself easing on the evening snacks. Trying to cut out soda will be tough, too...but, if I limit my access, I will not go out of my way...limiting access is going to be a key.

Came upon an interesting site that should help in calculating calorie intake, as I would like to use a calorie counter, and nutritional information...looks a little overwhelming right now, but I think it will have all the info I need is the Nutrition Data Web site: NutritionData.com. Also has some free nutrition and health tools. I am going to add this site as a link and will explore it more.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home