Your Ad Here

Friday, July 29, 2005

A HEALTHY HEART

Heart disease...do I really need to be concerned? You betcha! Everyone seems to be jumping on the fad diet craze with Atkins, Mayo Clinic, South Beach, etc. But, how practical is that when you have children? Children need a well balanced diet, as does your heart. Cutting out carbs and eating high levels of protein and fat, well, not exactly promoting a healthy heart and I will look at more and more articles promoting well-rounded diets that are more sensible for a 33 year old with kids!

I came across a new site that I will link up that promotes a heart healthy diet and it calculates the daily allowances that you would need. It also includes som great virtual tools to help you eat healthy for your heart (Healthy Heart). Heart disease for some reason is being overlooked these days as it seems to be pushed to the back burner, but it is still the leading cause of death in the United States and not just for those that age (Link on Heart Disease from NY Dept of Health).

A healthy heart...one of th ebiggest steps I can take to make sure I can enjoy my children and see my grandchildren is making sure I have a healthy heart and I am out to change my lifestyle through diet and exercise to make that happen!!

Yesterday's diet was the best day yet! Raisin bran, cheese stick, apple, banana, 1/2 plain bagel and trail mix while at work with a good amount of water! No soda for 4 days now! I am finding the days to be ok, the weekend is going to be the challenge. Dinner last night was taco's with the kids, limited to 3 and some other pickings, but I am doing better than anticipated. As I begin to track exercise and daily intake more with the tools I am finding and linking, I feel good about my chances of finding a successful course of action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home